Instructions for Accessing Microsoft IT Academy eLearning
Please note that you will only need to complete these steps when logging in for the first time. After that, you will only need to enter your Penn State Access Account ID and Password. If you have any difficulty completing the below steps, please contact the IT Service Desk.
- Navigate to the Penn State Microsoft IT Academy homepage at http://msitacademy.psu.edu/.
- Click Log In.
- Enter your Penn State Access Account ID and Password.
- If you have never logged in to Microsoft IT Academy before you will be taken to a screen reading “You’re almost there!” If you logged in to Microsoft IT Academy before the eLearning platform upgrade but this is your first time logging in since the upgrade, skip to step 8.
- Click where it says click here next to the first bullet.
- You will be taken to the Microsoft IT Academy Redeem Enrollment Code page. Enter the Penn State Access code: 8551-PSU0713-9552 and your Penn State email address.
- Click Submit.
- You will be taken to your Microsoft IT Academy Profile page. The First Name, Last Name, and Contact email fields will pre-populate with your name and Penn State email address. Choose your Default language and Location.
- Click Save.
- You will be taken to your Microsoft IT Academy homepage. From here you can browse and take courses, search for courses, access help topics, resume your most recent class, and more.
Note for Mac users: When you click on a course to view, a message will appear asking you to install Microsoft Silverlight. Install by clicking Click now to install. You will then be able to view the course content.